Errrr. Stupid Game Guard

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Errrr. Stupid Game Guard

Post by Willis on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:53 am

First topic message reminder :

So finally have both the game and 1.5 patch installed, and now Game Guard is throwing a fit and forcing me to uninstall it. Evil or Very Mad Anyone have a problem similar to this, with any adivce to give? It took me a solid couple days to DL both the game and the patch from the NCsoft launcher. Doubt they will both be ready again by the OB. Thanks
Willis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Errrr. Stupid Game Guard

Post by Lyria on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Asanga, that really sucks, I'm sorry. I hope the download speeds up for you and gets finished in time for start of OB.
Lyria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nahrmahn on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:11 pm

Hopefully the download speeds improve soon for you Asanga. Hang in there.

I've had some problems with the download and install, but finally got to the login screen just now. It's been a long journey. To help those you who might encounter similar issues...

- after getting the initial download installed use the launcher to pull other downloads. Often I had to request updates 5-6 times before it worked. Just ok through the issues and don't give up. Same goes for the repair file option.
- Once on the latest version and launching for real be sure you are running the progam as an Admin. You can do this by logging into your computer as an Admin or right clicking and running as an Admin. This will install Game Guard correctly and help you avoid all of those nasty errors all over the forums.
- If you still have issues try turning off your firewall and launching. This should not be your final state, but at least you will know if the problem is your firewall or something else.
- For Vista/Win7 users I'd suggest turning off UAC. It is not mandatory, but can help eliminate some issues if you are having to debug the setup. To do this go to the Control Panel/User Accounts/Turn User Account Control on or off/and make sure the box is not checked.

Here is a pretty good thread for those who need/want more.
http://www.aionsource.com/forum/china/14650-gameguard-error-114-a.html

Games should not take this much effort to get working. It was a nice reward to finally see the login screen!
Nahrmahn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asanga on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:02 am

Huge props to Nahrmahn, you put me on the right path. I forced a repair via the right-click menu in the launcher and it found an error and then downloaded a 1.2GB file and repaired everything properly. I am at a loss why the software did not detect the problem itself, but hey! it worked, I'm happy =)

(then it was just another half hour of me trying to remember my new password Rolling Eyes )

It looks like in the end we all made it online today, which is awesome!

And boy was I impressed with whoever programmed the BitTorrent...it would have NEVER occurred to me to even implement weeks or years indicators in a download program!!! Everything over a couple of days would have just said: "Forget it pal! Ain't gonna happen, EVAH!" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Asanga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiara on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:25 am

Asanga wrote:

And boy was I impressed with whoever programmed the BitTorrent...it would have NEVER occurred to me to even implement weeks or years indicators in a download program!!! Everything over a couple of days would have just said: "Forget it pal! Ain't gonna happen, EVAH!" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
That and the PEBKAC error are the most epic things you can see in a program XD
PEBKAC: "Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair"
Kiara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akaara on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:27 am

I used to work in IT so the PEBKAC error was the bane of my existence.
Akaara

View user profile http://aawhystine.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by godot on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:46 am

Good news (for now) for those with Game Guard woes:

"After analyzing our open beta test results Aion will not feature GameGuard at launch. We will however continue to pursue ways to effectively utilize GameGuard within Aion in the future."

-- Brian Knox

http://aiononline.com/en/news/aion-launch-version-1.html
godot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top